Professional audiobook production, including coaching, recording, proofing, editing, and mastering so your listeners can enjoy your book anywhere.
We partner with a Portland-based studio so your audiobook project starts off with the highest quality recording, and then we finish the audio file rendering and editing in our office.
The studio setup includes:
- Fully soundproof studio
- Personalized mic pairing to ensure the best sound recording for the narrator’s voice
- Professional audio technician on-site to monitor all audio quality
- iPad loaded with the final digital file of the book for easy reading during recording
Indigo’s audiobook production service includes:
- Two narration coaching sessions prior to recording to set the narrator up for recording success
- On-site coaching at the first recording session
- Same-day file proofing to flag misreads or places that will need to be rerecorded
- Custom audio editing to remove distracting noises such as mouth clicks, clothing rustles, or other sound issues so the customer has a smooth listening experience
- Professional audio mastering for a polished sound, customized for audiobook distribution specs
- Project management and uploading to audiobook distributors like Audible, OverDrive, Libro.fm, and more
- Technical troubleshooting with distribution platforms
This service is ideal for Portland-based authors who want to record their own books or have preselected a local narrator. We can also work with authors recording in other cities or those seeking to hold narrator auditions.